ADE is one of Europe’s leading consultancies. We are based in Louvain-la-Neuve, near Brussels, Belgium.
We support senior decision-makers in formulating, monitoring, implementing, and evaluating public policies and strategies.
Our areas of specialisation include notably:
- Rural Development, Agriculture, and Environment
- Strategic and Impact Evaluations
- Macro-Economic Reforms
- Development Finance and Private Sector Development
- Conflict Resolution, Security, and Fragility
Our Rural development and Environment Department is working on evaluations notably in particular within the context of the Common Agricultural Policy, but also in third countries. Examples of recent or current work include:
- Evaluation of rural development programmes (RDP), 2019 in Alsace, Champagne Ardennes, Lorraine, Luxemburg and the Walloon Region for National or Regional Managing Authorities
- Evaluation of the CAP’s impact on knowledge exchange and advisory services, 09/2019-2020
- Framework contract with the Belgian Co-operation on evaluation of their co-operation programmes in the sectors of agriculture, inclusive growth, infrastructure, energy 2018-2021
A challenging internship, as part of your studies;
An opportunity to gain experience within a leading research team in the area of high-level public policies and strategies;
An opportunity to gain experience in working with major donors, such as European institutions;
An opportunity to work in an international environment with highly-qualified colleagues;
The possibility of developing your skills as a professional consultant and of applying them to a range of different sectors, both in Europe and/or worldwide.
Active participation in a series of studies aimed at evaluating and understanding how, and to what extent, the various elements of the Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) contribute to the EU goal of balanced territorial development. In particular knowledge exchange and advisory services.
Participation to the evaluation of rural development programmes 2014-2020 (EARDF).
Contribute to other ADE activities, including support to proposal writing and general business development.
Profil recherché et exigences du poste
Currently studying for a Master university degree, preferably in Agronomy, Economics or any degree related to Rural Development, Agriculture and Environment or Evaluation;
Experience and/or excellent knowledge of the CAP rural development, agriculture and environment and evaluation of public policies or research programmes;
A training in Evaluation or a knowledge of Evaluation is an asset.
An excellent level of written and spoken French and English;
Good command of the main computer software packages (Word, PowerPoint and Excel);
MAIN SKILLS REQUIRED
• Strong analytical skills
• Solid capabilities in qualitative and quantitative data analysis;
• Good writing skills;
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in teams;
• Organisational and planning skills
Interested candidates are welcome to send their application (CV and 1-page cover letter) in English or French to firstname.lastname@example.org for December 23rd, 2019. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.