We are currently looking for a TRAINEE to support our Agriculture, Rural Development
and Environment Department
to start in February 2021 for a period of 6 months
ADE is one of Europe’s leading consultancies. We are based in Louvain-la-Neuve, near Brussels, Belgium.
We support senior decision-makers in formulating, monitoring, implementing, and evaluating public policies and strategies.
Our areas of specialisation include notably:
- Rural Development, Agriculture, and Environment
- Strategic and Impact Evaluations
- Macro-Economic Reforms
- Development Finance and Private Sector Development
- Conflict Resolution, Security, and Fragility
Our Rural development and Environment Department is focusing on Strategic Evaluations of support provided in these fields, notably within the context of the Common Agricultural Policy, but also in third countries.
Examples of recent work include:
- Ex-ante evaluation for the 2021-2027 CAP National Strategic Plans (both for National or Regional Managing Authorities).
- Evaluation of the impact of LEADER on balanced territorial development.
- Evaluation of CAP’s impact on knowledge exchange and advisory activities.
- Framework contract with the Belgian Co-operation on evaluation of their co-operation programs in the sectors of agriculture, inclusive growth, infrastructure, energy (2018-2022).
A challenging internship, as part of your studies.
An opportunity to gain experience within a leading research team in the area of high-level public policies and strategies.
An opportunity to gain experience in working with major institutional bodies, such as European institutions.
An opportunity to work in an international environment with highly-qualified colleagues;
The possibility of developing your skills as a professional consultant and of applying them to a range of different sectors, both in Europe and/or worldwide.
Active participation in a series of studies aimed at evaluating and understanding how, and to what extent, the various elements of the Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) contribute to the EU goal of balanced territorial development.
Participation in CAP Strategic Planning post 2021.
Contribution to the evaluation of the information and promotion campaign of Interfel – NAK (France-Hungary).
Contribution to other ADE activities, including administrative tasks (contracts preparation, back-stopping), support to proposal writing and general business development.
Profil recherché et exigences du poste
Currently studying for a Master university degree, preferably in Agronomy, Economics or any degree related to Rural Development, Agriculture and Environment or Evaluation.
Experience and/or excellent knowledge of the CAP rural development, agriculture and environment and evaluation of public policies or research programmes.
A training in Evaluation or a knowledge of Evaluation is an asset.
An excellent level of written and spoken French and English.
Good command of the main computer software packages (Word, PowerPoint and Excel);
MAIN SKILLS REQUIRED
Strong analytical skills;
• Solid capabilities in qualitative and quantitative data analysis;
• Good writing skills;
• Strong interpersonal skills and team spirit;
• Organisational and planning skills.
HOW TO APPLY?
Interested candidates are welcome to send their application (CV and 1-page cover letter) in English to firstname.lastname@example.org the SOONER the BETTER and before 6 December 2020. We may process applications as soon as we receive them. Please indicate in your cover letter a possible starting date (ideally around February 2021) and expected duration of the internship (the longer, the better), as well as the channel through which you learned about this opportunity. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Remote working, at least in part, may be considered in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic (to be assessed in due course).