ADE is one of Europe’s leading evaluation companies. We are specialized in strategic evaluations of public policies, focusing on high-level issues of senior decision-makers. We also have expertise in impact evaluations using rigorous mixed-method approaches, in which we collect and use firsthand data to conduct statistic and econometric analysis.
We focus on development and environmental issues for major clients such as the European Union, EU Member States’ aid agencies, United Nations agencies (FAO, UNDP, WFP), national institutions and NGOs.
Examples of ongoing impact evaluation projects at ADE:
- EU Digitalization strategy in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Empowering vulnerable households programme in rural Rwanda
- Women Entrepreneurship programme in Morocco
- Resources and refinancing options of the school health sector in Brussels and Wallonia
- EU-FLEGT (Forest Law Enforcement Governance and Trade) Action Plan Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) system
- FLEGT Voluntary Partnership Agreements (VPA) impact surveys in Ghana, Cameroon, Indonesia, Guyana, Honduras, Côte d’Ivoire and the Republic of Congo
- Scoping study in the field of agricultural risk reduction for farmers in lower middle income countries for the International Initiative for Impact Evaluation - 3ie (2016)
- Impact Evaluations of 4 projects of Belgian governmental cooperation (2016)
- A challenging internship, as part of your studies
- An opportunity to gain experience within a leading consultancy in the area of public policies and strategies
- An opportunity to gain experience with international donors, such as the EU and UN
- An opportunity to work in an international environment with highly qualified colleagues and develop your professional network
- The possibility of developing your skills as a professional consultant and of applying them to a range of different sectors
- Participation in impact evaluation projects conducted by ADE, more specifically:
- Evaluation design
- Research and data collection
- Quantitative and qualitative research and analysis (including statistical analysis)
- Data cleaning and analysis
- Contributing to other ADE activities, including support to proposal writing, business development, project management, and knowledge dissemination.
Profil recherché et exigences du poste
MAIN SKILLS REQUIRED
- Currently studying for a Master’s university degree, preferably in Economics, Engineering, Math for social sciences, or Evaluation (student status indispensable)
- Outstanding analytical skills
- Solid skills in quantitative data analysis
- Knowledge on RCT design and other impact evaluation design
- Strong writing skills
- Organizational and planning skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in teams
- Good command of the main computer software packages (Word, PPT, and Excel)
- Knowledge of statistical software packages (e.g. R, Stata),
- Excellent level of written and spoken English; at least basic knowledge of French
WOULD BE AN ASSET:
- Knowledge of survey tools (e.g. SurveyCTO or SurveyMonkey), Dashboard tools (e.g. Power BI), big data analysis (e.g. machine learning, etc), or Python programming.
- Experience in evaluation of public policies
- Experience in data collection on the field
- Knowledge and understanding of development cooperation or humanitarian aid
- Knowledge of other languages, notably French
HOW TO APPLY?
Interested candidates are welcome to send their application (CV and 1-page cover letter) in English to email@example.com the SOONER the BETTER and before 6 December 2020. We may process applications as soon as we receive them. Please indicate in your cover letter a possible starting date (ideally around February 2021) and expected duration of the internship (the longer, the better), as well as the channel through which you learned about this opportunity. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Remote working, at least in part, may be considered in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic (to be assessed in due course).