About Euronews :
Euronews is Europe’s leading international news channel
We are an international news media, providing news with a European perspective to a worldwide audience through 12 cross-platform editions, of which 9 with distinct TV channels. Our mission is to empower people to form their own opinion. We trust in people’s intelligence and ability to make up their own mind and seek to provide our audience with the greatest diversity of viewpoints through journalism that is unapologetically impartial. We’ve been providing independent news without favour or bias since launching in Lyon, France in 1993. We now reach 400 million homes across 160 countries and are the most watched news channel in continental Europe.
With a team of 500 journalists of more than 30 different nationalities, our 12 editions cover European and world news 24/7 in Arabic, English, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Persian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish and Turkish, with bureaus in Brussels, Athens and Budapest, and a network of correspondents in all major European cities, including Berlin, London, Moscow, Paris, and Rome.
In November 2019, Euronews’ first ever franchise Euronews Albania was launched in Tirana. In 2020, Euronews Georgia and Euronews Serbia will be launched. Each of the franchises are new channels set to deliver local, regional and international news to viewers in their own language
Within the Business Development team, you will be reporting to the Chief Business Development Officer and the Head of Project Management and will be in charge of supporting the business unit in developing its licensing services approach and the Euronews Branded Affiliate Network.
As of 2021, Euronews has signed 4 agreements with media partners around the globe to assist them in the design, creation & build of their Euronews branded media operation.
In its 3 year of operation, the Euronews branded affiliate program is nascent. Your role within the organization will be to structure and solidify the work achieved so far, hand in hand with your colleagues in the business development team.
1) Project Management
• Structure & Monitor the evolution of the euronews affiliate network and provide management with regular reports about each channels operational status
• Identify areas of amelioration in the branded affiliate network workflows between Lyon & other cities
• Implement new solutions at digital, television & production levels to improve overall project management
2) Commercial relationships
• Create and maintain strong relationship within our affiliate network in all departments (advertising, production, marketing, management)
• Deploy social skill abilities to identify needs and act internally to provide solutions
• Identify and provide support in structuring strategic commercial partnerships with major players in the private and/or public sector (media, entertainment, education…): content licensing/distribution, content production, brand content, programmatic ad sales…
• Monitor the business unit target profit margin
• Identify areas for synergies and amelioration eventually leading to financial savings
4) Better integrate euronews HQ with other
• Help structure the new educational offer of the Euronews group
• Formulate recommendations on the platform management, revenues opportunities, customer acquisitions, direct to consumer strategy
• Identify potential partner to make the program grow
Profil recherché et exigences du poste
• At least one previous professional experience in a strategic business development role in a media company or related field
• Pro-active, flexible, meets deadlines
• Ability to handle several projects and different stakeholders simultaneously, and prioritize work based on deadlines
• Autonomous but team player
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment where everyone is expected to make an impact
• Excellent verbal and written communication; presentation skills
• Top Business Schools, IEP
• Native or Fluent in English (any additional language is welcomed)
• MS office suite fluency
• International background preferable
Location: Lyon (full remote possible)
Contract: 6 months internship which can follow in a one year "alternance" contract