ADE is one of Europe’s leading evaluation companies. We are based in Louvain-la-Neuve, near Brussels, Belgium.
We are specialised in strategic evaluations of public policies, focusing on high-level issues of senior decision-makers. We have also expertise in impact evaluations using rigorous mixed-methods approaches, in which we collect and use first hand data to conduct statistic and econometric analysis.
We focus in particular on international relations, development cooperation, and humanitarian aid, for major clients such as the European Union, the European Investment Bank, EU Member States’ aid agencies, the African Development Bank, or United Nations agencies.
Examples of recent strategic evaluations we conducted:
- Evaluation of the African Development Bank’s country strategy in Egypt (on-going)
- Evaluation of the Belgian Governmental Cooperation’s Exit from 6 countries (on-going)
- Evaluation of Denmark’s support to a UNHCR pilot model for refugees in Kenya (on-going)
- Evaluation of the EIB Africa-Caribbean-Pacific Investment Facility (2019)
- Evaluation of the EU humanitarian interventions in India and Nepal (2018)
- Evaluation of the Belgian cooperation support to the private sector (2018)
- Evaluation of the EU Approach to building Resilience in African Drylands (2017)
- Evaluation of the EU humanitarian response to the Syrian Crisis (2016)
A challenging internship, as part of your studies
An opportunity to gain experience within a leading consulting team in the area of high-level public policies and strategies
An opportunity to gain experience in working with international donors, such as the EU
An opportunity to work in an international environment with highly-qualified colleagues
The possibility of developing your skills as a professional consultant and of applying them to a range of different sectors
Participation in the evaluation studies conducted by ADE, particularly in respect of:
- Evaluation design
- Data collection and research
- Quantitative and qualitative research and analysis
Contributing to other ADE activities, including support to proposal writing, business development, project management, and knowledge dissemination.
Profil recherché et exigences du poste
MAIN SKILLS REQUIRED
Currently studying for a Master’s university degree, preferably in Economics, Finance or Evaluation (student status required)
Outstanding analytical skills
Solid capabilities in qualitative and quantitative data analysis
Strong writing skills
Organizational and planning skills
Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in teams
Good command of the main computer software packages (Word, PPT, and Excel)
Excellent level of written and spoken English; at least basic knowledge of French
WOULD BE AN ASSET:
Experience in evaluation of public policies or impact evaluation
Knowledge and understanding of development cooperation or humanitarian aid
Knowledge and understanding of the functioning of EU institutions and policies
Knowledge of statistical software packages (e.g. SPSS, R, Stata), survey tools, and big data analysis
Knowledge of other languages
Interested candidates are welcome to send their application (CV and 1-page cover letter) in English to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10 August 2019. We may process applications as soon as we receive them. Please indicate in your covering letter a possible starting date and expected duration of the internship (the longer, the better), as well as the channel through which you learned about this opportunity. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.