ADE is one of Europe’s leading evaluation companies. We are based in Louvain-la-Neuve, near Brussels, Belgium.
We are specialized in strategic evaluations of public policies, focusing on high-level issues of senior decision-makers. We have also expertise in impact evaluations using rigorous mixed-methods approaches, in which we collect and use first hand data to conduct statistic and econometric analysis.
We focus in particular on international relations, development cooperation, and humanitarian aid, for major clients such as the European Union, the European Investment Bank, EU Member States’ aid agencies, the African Development Bank, or United Nations agencies.
Examples of recent impact evaluation work we conducted:
- Evaluation of Impact of VPA Implementation related to the EU-FLEGT programme - forest law enforcement governance and trade - in Ghana, Cameroon and Indonesia (on-going)
- Evaluation design for EU-FLEGT programme - Global Theory of change & Indicators (on-going)
- Impact Evaluation in Rwanda – Programme against Vulnerability (ongoing)
- Impact Evaluation in Morocco – Women Entrepreneurship (ongoing)
- Scoping study in the field of agricultural risk reduction for farmers in LMIC for the International Initiative for Impact Evaluation - 3ie (2016)
- Impact Evaluations of 4 projects of Belgian governmental cooperation (2016)
- Impact Evaluations of 4 projects of Belgian non-governmental cooperation (2013)
A challenging internship, as part of your studies
An opportunity to gain experience within a leading consulting team in the area of high-level public policies and strategies
An opportunity to gain experience in working with international donors, such as the EU
An opportunity to work in an international environment with highly-qualified colleagues
The possibility of developing your skills as a professional consultant and of applying them to a range of different sectors
Participation in the evaluation studies conducted by ADE, particularly in respect of:
- Evaluation design
- Data collection and research
- Quantitative and qualitative research and analysis (including statistical analysis for a trainee in Impact Evaluation)
- Data analysis
Contributing to other ADE activities, including support to proposal writing, business development, project management, and knowledge dissemination.
Profil recherché et exigences du poste
MAIN SKILLS REQUIRED
Currently studying for a Master’s university degree, preferably in Economics, Engineer, math for social science or Evaluation (student status required)
Outstanding analytical skills
Solid skills in quantitative data analysis
Knowledge on RCT design and other impact evaluation design
Strong writing skills
Organizational and planning skills
Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in teams
Good command of the main computer software packages (Word, PPT, and Excel)
Knowledge of statistical software packages (e.g. R, Stata),
Excellent level of written and spoken English; at least basic knowledge of French
WOULD BE AN ASSET:
Knowledge of survey tools (e.g. SurveyCTO), and big data analysis (e.g. machine learning, etc.)
Experience in evaluation of public policies
Experience in data collection on the field
Knowledge and understanding of development cooperation or humanitarian aid
Knowledge of other languages
Interested candidates are welcome to send their application (CV and 1-page cover letter) in English to email@example.com the SOONER the BETTER and before 6 January 2020. We may process applications as soon as we receive them. Please indicate in your covering letter a possible starting date (ideally around February 2020) and expected duration of the internship (the longer, the better), as well as the channel through which you learned about this opportunity. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.